Thursday, March 24, 2011

#41: Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Zombies Ate My Neighbors is the only game on my list that I haven't beaten.  It's extremely unforgiving.  You'll die.  You'll die a lot.  If we accept that now, we can move on.

ZAMN was a 1-2 player action game that reminded you of something you'd see in the arcades.  The general idea was that zombies have been set loose in your town, and you have to use everyday homemade weapons to save the townspeople.  In fact, imagine Dead Rising if it were a coop arcade game.  That's a good way to look at this one.

You'd run around town with your trusty squirt gun facing all kinds of scary situations.  Enemies over a wall?  Use your trusty 6-pack of soda (grenade) to bomb over that wall.  Multiple enemies in a row?  Throw a china plate straight through them all.  Up against a gigantic maniacal baby?  Well, then its time to abandon that whole "homemade everyday weapon" thing and pull out the rocket launcher you've been saving.
 My normal routine was:
  • Play It
  • Die around level 20-25
  • Vent about how frustrating it was
  • Go back for more punishment
I'm assuming it was the same for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment