Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Opening Day!


With Major League Baseball's Opening Day being Thursday it really has been making me think about playing a baseball video game.  Unfortunately, I do not own a PS3 and am unable to play MLB The Show.  I have not played a MLB 2K in a few years.  If anyone has played MLB 2K11 or know anything about it please feel free to comment and let me know.

 I really miss the days of MVP Baseball.  Many afternoon and nights were spent with friends building our dynasty.  One of the best features in MVP was you could interrupt a simulation at any point.  It made it very easy to go through an entire season only playing the last few innings of games.  It also made it very easy to win 120 games in a season.

MVP made their last Major League Baseball game for the 2005 season.  The Main reason was 2K sports was able to buy the license for MLB when EA, the maker of MVP Baseball, bought the exclusive NFL license earlier in the year.  Since MVP Baseball was made by EA, they decided to try a different route with their baseball games.  In 2006 MVP made a move that would change the game forever.  The game featured NCAA baseball.  Without the big names of Major League Baseball players, the game never really took off.

Will I play a baseball game anytime soon?  Probably not but that will not keep me from getting excited for the baseball season.  If you are a Brewers fan like me, a Cubs fan like BluePai, or plain just don't like baseball.  There is no denying that America's past time will be starting on Thursday and I will be at my first game of the year in exactly one week!

No comments:

Post a Comment